Monday, October 6, 2008

A Breather....

Phew... A breather at last...

The past few days have been deliriously (such a delicious word, thought I'd pop that in) hectic.
The trade fair seems to be pretty slow. My business partner is there schmoozing, whilst I'm stuck in the office. Attempting to work. You see... trying to work when you're alone... after months of working alongside somewhere, who's always there to joke around... well it gets pretty boring alone. Even tried blasting the comedy channel (www.socialcrime.com .. it's on itunes comedy list.. awesome standup comedy stuff) on high, to keep me awake and alert. Did that help? Not much. So did I manage to get any work done? Some...

I suppose it didn't quite help that I had 2 pet male mice to keep an eye on. This morning just as I was about to leave, I did a quick check on the mice. And when I saw the male mice... seemingly frozen... I cursed (okay I said F***!) they seemed halfdead (happened once before to another male mice... sad to say.. he didn't survive). Popped them into an empty tissue box and brought them along to work with me. Put in a little food, hoping that it would revive them.

Perhaps it was the fresh air or the cocooning gentle sway of the bus as it weaved around tight corners on thin roads, like an expert seamstress sewing. By the time I arrived at work, they had miraculously revived. Body was warm, fur was slick against their bodies (it gets puffy and weird, like they were electrocuted, when they're half-dead), and their noses were twitching. I took that as a good sign.

Their cages are now sparkling clean. Fresh bedding (toilet rolls... well it's cheap), fresh food, and new companions. I've connected the 2 small Habitrail Ovo Domes together. So Dawn, Eve, Singe and Burnt will now live happily ever after. And produce nice black (yeah I'm such a racist) babies. Well Dawn doesn't seem that happy, but I'm sure it'll all work out.

It's 10pm. Weather's crappy. Cold, windy with forecast of gale winds tomorrow. Oh joy... power cuts for the day... And it's spring too! It's supposed to be sunny, birds chirping, ducklings waddling, sun shining, flowers blooming and all that sort of shiny, idealized crap. But is it? Nope. Gloom, doom, silent and toe-numbing cold (ain't got socks on).

Suppose I'd better tuck me, my cuppa Oolong tea [found out that it's good for digestion (I have such a delicate tummy), and that it suppresses appetite. Diet Bonus!] So need to lose some weight. When it's warmer, it's off for long walks in the sun, swimming (if the water isn't freezing), and perhaps a lil taichi. But for now, it's under the duvet, with 2 hot water bottles to keep the blood in my toes circulating, a hot cuppa and a good book (reading the diamond approach by almaas at the mo... it's deep.. profoundly, thought provokingly deep... it's good!).

No comments: